Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Email Setup Post Reply Post New Topic
jimh

Quote jimh Replybullet Topic: Email Setup
    Posted: 13 Nov 09 at 12:32AM
I am attempting to setup email under PDF Redirect Pro.  My Outgoing mail server requires using SSL or TSL over ports 465 or 587 respectively.  Is PDF Redirect capable of SSL or TSL and if so, how do I set it up?

Thanks

Jim 
IP IP Logged
jimh

Quote jimh Replybullet Posted: 13 Nov 09 at 12:57AM
OK, an update:  I am able to send email using port 25 (even though my email provider says it does not allow port 25, it works, for now) and authenticate by using the "login" option (none, POP, plain do not work).  However, although the email is sent, PDF ReDirect still flashes the same error as it does for all the other settings:  "Error occurred in Send-Email   1. OK   2. OK"  Followed by a second box "Sorry.  An error occurred and message was not sent.  Error:  SMTP Closed"

Any Suggestions?

Jim
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 13 Nov 09 at 1:26AM
Hello Jim,

Which version of PDF reDirect are you using.? As a minimum, in the settings, there should be a box that allows you to change the port number with v2.2.8 a some of the preceding versions of that v2.2.x series.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
jimh

Quote jimh Replybullet Posted: 13 Nov 09 at 12:05PM
I am using the beta version, v2.2.918 and yes, there is a box to declare the port number for the outgoing message.  If I set that box to port 25 and then under "E-mail Authentication"adjust the "type" to be "login", I can get the message to actually be sent, but I still get the error message from PDF Redirect email system that says it was not.  I suspect the problem is that my email provider  does not 'really' support unencrypted outgoing mail even though it is somewhat working.  Does PDF Redirect support outgoing encryption (usually over port 465)?  All my current email providers (I have three) say they do not support port 25 unencrypted send email.

Jim
IP IP Logged
jimh

Quote jimh Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 09 at 11:55PM
OK, new update.  It appears that V2.2.918 has slightly modified the email portion and falsely reports errors.

I went back to V2.2.8 and discovered that I could successfully email without PDF Redirect showing errors although I needed to place the file I wanted to send in the merge frame.  V2.2.8 reported an error if the merge frame was empty and I only selected a file from the file pane.  I assume this is by design.

Returning to V2.2.918, PDF Redirect complained if no file was selected in the file frame.  Unlike V2.2.8, it did not care if a file was in the merge frame or not.  However, with a file selected an email was successfully sent but PDF Redirect V2.2.918 reported the error:

"Error occurred in Send-Email   1. OK   2. OK"  Followed by a second box "Sorry.  An error occurred and message was not sent.  Error:  SMTP Closed"

Should I go back to V2.2.8 or simply ignore this error in V2.2.918?

Hope this is helpful.  I have been extremely impressed with your product and it performs magnificently in our application. 

Jim
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 09 at 12:21AM
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your kind words.

I did a thorough cleanup of the e-mail code which I had modified for compatibility for unicode users (ie Japanese, Chinese, etc). Please download the new v2.2.919 tomorrow evening (11.16/09) which should be far more troublefree.

In regards to SSL, I am not entirely sure that the e-mail engine I am using supports SSL, but I will be switching to a new one which does, and also support attachments with unicode text in the filename (probably not a requirement for you).

In the mean time, I think that you will find that v2.2.919 will work as you expect. The other bug fixes to v2.2.919 are as follows:

FIXED: cursor not defaulting to the Filename editbox when additional print jobs added
FIXED: PDFreDirect not appearing in front and flashing instead on WinXP & Vista
FIXED: Incorrect Errors displayed when sending e-mails
Fixed program appearing as "Not Responding" when applying web links on a large file
FIXED: generation of duplicate conversion events when creating a PDF
FIXED: error if trying to upload a PDF without selecting an FTP folder first
FIXED: error that prevented editing paper sizes on Win7 machines

Cheers!
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
jimh

Quote jimh Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 09 at 10:40AM
Thank You Michel.  I look forward to the update!

Jim
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 09 at 10:57PM
Hi Jim,

It's available [here]. (you'll need to scroll down to the last post)

Cheers!

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version