Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Batch printer with stamps Post Reply Post New Topic
John

Quote John Replybullet Topic: Batch printer with stamps
    Posted: 11 Mar 06 at 4:31AM
Hi there,

The batch printer option can be a winner, but I'm missing some nead features. I need 5 shared batch printers witch their own stamp set. If you can do this: you got me!

And why not support the send e-mail function for a batch printer? (And FTP...)

I read a post about a server version, how about it?

Johan

Edited by John
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 06 at 12:42AM
Hi there,

Yes, the plan still is to add the e-mail and stamps to the Batch Printer feature. It took a bit of a delay as I did a complete rewrite of the web site. Now that this is done, I will get back to programming.

You asked about a Server version: the latest version is compatible with Windows Server 2003 (tested) and Citrix. It should also be compatible with Windows Server 2000 (not tested). ie: it works with Windows Terminal Services. Is that what you are looking for? Or are you asking for compatibility with "printer sharing"? Indeed, printer sharing does not work... yet.

As for when this will all be available? It is difficult to say: I have one major "update" per year, usually available in the late fall as a Beta. THe next version, baring huge difficulties, will also have "scan-to-PDF" and will be compatible with Unicode languages. Finally, I am adding a Document Management System which will allow the ability to submit, track, view, review and approve documents through a database with a web front end.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Michel.
IP IP Logged
John

Quote John Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 06 at 4:03AM

Michel,

Can I select stamps from within Visual Basic for applications when printing to a batch printer? Then I can manage stamps by my own scripts...

John

IP IP Logged
John

Quote John Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 06 at 4:35AM

Michel,

Printer sharing whould be *verry* nice to have! When can we expect this?

Keep up the good work!

John

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 10 Apr 06 at 11:34PM
Hi,

Yes: I am working on the printer sharing as well... at the next release, which will be in the fall (see post above). keep in mind that for this to work, the executable will need to be in a shared folder as well.

Yes, selecting stamps will be available from within Visual Basic. Already, there is a lot of settings that you can change right away for the batch printers. If you look inside the VB Class, you will see the code where the settings are loaded, modified for the filename, and saved back. All you have to do is change those settings at your heart's content.

Let me know if you need me to explain some of the conventions for the settings.

Cheers!

Michel.
IP IP Logged
lovetski

Quote lovetski Replybullet Posted: 12 May 06 at 3:24PM

Hi,

Yap, e-mail and stamps for batch printers are very needed, indeed.

Andrew.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version