Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Installation Errors
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Installation Errors
Topic: Error Number = 3008 Post Reply Post New Topic
jblevins99

Quote jblevins99 Replybullet Topic: Error Number = 3008
    Posted: 29 Nov 05 at 1:13AM
During installation of 2.0.16 and 2.0.18 I get Error Number = 3008.  Any idea why this might happen?  I am installing on XP Home SP2.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 29 Nov 05 at 9:10PM
Hi,

Sorry to hear of the problem.

This is the first time I have received a report of this particular error number. Error 3008 is "The specified print monitor is currently in use.". This error implies to me that you have an older version of PDF reDirect already installed, and that you are trying to upgrade. Is that the case?

Assuming that it is, these are the things you can try to resolve this problem:

#1. Make sure that all applications are closed before performing the installation. It ensures that the Windows Printer Spooler is in a mode that allows the installation of printers.

#2. If #1 above does not work, I find that it is very effective to "re-start" the Windows Print Spooler. I am not sure you can do this on the "Home" version of Windows XP. However, in XP Pro, you would go through the Control Panel >>> Administrative tools >>> Services. In there, look for the "Print Spooler" service. Click the "STOP" button, and then click the "PLAY" button. Once done, re-attempt the installation.

#3. Finally, you can also try installing right after a reboot of Windows. Often, this fixes most installation woes.

If none of these suggestions help, by all means let me know. You can also send me the error log that is created when the installation fails. It will be located in the same folder where the installation program is at, and will be called "Installation_Error_Log.txt". You should send me the file to my e-mail address at exp _at_ exp-systems.com.
IP IP Logged
jblevins99

Quote jblevins99 Replybullet Posted: 29 Nov 05 at 10:37PM
Rebooting did the trick!  I should have know that would fix the problem.    I appreciate the quick response.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version