Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Batch PDF printer’s conversion engine? Post Reply Post New Topic
Simon581923

Quote Simon581923 Replybullet Topic: Batch PDF printer’s conversion engine?
    Posted: 23 Jul 05 at 12:44AM

Hi, I'm interesting in the Batch printer function of PDF reDirect. And, I also installed Acrobat Distiller to be the conversion engine because I have to cut & paste Chinese word from the PDF file to a text file for some reason.

I have assigned the conversion engine to be Distiller. When I select printer 'PDF reDirect Pro v2' to get a PDF file, everything OK and the chinese word shown normally in the text file after cut & paste.

When I select the batch PDF printer 'Batch PDF - TEST' to get the PDf file from the same word file, enerything wrong and the chinese word shown blank in the text file after cut & paste.

I've tried Windows Notepad, UltraEdit and Word to paste the chinese word which cutted from the PDF file, but all the same situation. I could not get the right cut & paste from the PDF file produced by the batch PDF printer even I have assigned the conversion engine to be the Distiller.

More information, the file size of the PDF file made by 'PDF reDirect Pro v2' is 10K and by 'Batch PDF - TEST' is 7K.

For testing, I got the 7K size PDF file when I changed the conversion engine to the 'GNU Ghostscript(default)'.

Can you help me to solve the problem? How can I get the right result when I use batch PDF printer?  

Edited by Simon581923
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jul 05 at 11:28PM
Hi,

Yes, the Batch Printers defaults to using Ghostscript instead of the selected PDF engine in the preferences. This error will be fixed in the next version.

What I can do is to re-compile the program so the Batch Printers always use Distiller for you. This should get you going until the new v2.1 becomes available.

Let me know if that would be OK for you.

Edited by Michel_K17
IP IP Logged
Simon581923

Quote Simon581923 Replybullet Posted: 24 Jul 05 at 2:08AM

It's OK, but

1. How soon will you release v2.1? It's an urgent case, I need it in 5 days. Or,

2. Would you please to compile a dedicated release for me?

Also, let me know your suggestion. Thank you.

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 24 Jul 05 at 10:25AM
The next "BETA" of v2.1 is one week away, but the "Official Release" will be a while.

I will compile a dedicated release for you of PDF reDirect Pro v2.0 with the Batch Printers set to "Distiller". It will be available for you in a few hours.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 24 Jul 05 at 4:05PM
Hi,

Here is the special upgrade recompile of the program for you. This is not a full install: it will only replace the file "Capture.exe" with the new one.

To install:

1. Make sure that PDF reDirect Pro is not running. To be sure, press [CTRL]+[ALT]+[DEL] and make sure that Capture.exe is not running

2. Run the upgrade program.

That's it. From now on, the Batch printers will use Distiller. The file to download is located [HERE]

Edited by Michel_K17
IP IP Logged
Simon581923

Quote Simon581923 Replybullet Posted: 24 Jul 05 at 9:45PM

Wow! It's work!

Thank you very much!

I found that there was a log file with the same file name as the PDF file. I hope that the v2.1 will give us an option to disable the log file.  Anyway, I will download v2.1 when it is available.

Again, Thank you very much!

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version