Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Unrecognised Token? Post Reply Post New Topic
grinningdog

Quote grinningdog Replybullet Topic: Unrecognised Token?
    Posted: 20 Jun 05 at 8:47AM

Hi

I'm trying to create a pdf file from a Publisher 2000 document.  I'm using PDF Redirect Pro (registered) and XP Pro SP" on a... OK I can't remember the spec of the PC but it's at least an AMD Athlon 3200 with 1Gb RAM and loads of disk space.

Here's the full story.  I've converted a couple of Publisher documents without any problems.  I wanted to do a document that was split into 4 files.  It's an 8 page leaflet in A5 designed to be printed & folded.  Therefore front and back covers are one file and pages 1 & 6, 2 & 5 etc are in separate files.  Because that would create the right style of document I cut and paste each page in order into a new Publisher document.

I saved the document, printed to PDF Redict Pro and saved the resulting document.  When I looked at it Acrobat reader came up with an error message saying "An Unrecognised Token 1* Has Been Found".

This affects the first five pages ranging from blank to partial images but pages 6,7, and 8 seem OK.

I was about to post this message when I had a thought.  If I create PDF from the originals I get blank results from pages 1 and 6 (one file) and pages 2/5 generates an error messge in Reader saying "There is an Error processing this page.  There was a problem reading this document (135)

Any ideas?

Regards

Bob

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 27 Jun 05 at 11:44PM

Hello Bob,

Good news on all fronts: I have 2 solutions to the problem you identified.

• First, I have found a workaround which will work with the current version (v2.0.14/v2.0.15) of PDF reDirect Pro. Simply change the Truetype Font Download Option of the PDF reDirect Pro printer from "Outline" to "Automatic". When doing so, the PDF files are created properly. See the screenshot below. I recommend you follow this route for now.

• Alternatively, the new BETA version of PDF reDirect Pro is being released today, and it will work with the default settings (ie no workaround required) as long as you use the latest version of AFPL Ghostscript (v8.50 or v8.51). For this to work, you will need to:
    • Download and Install PDF reDirect Pro BETA v2.0.900 (see [here] for all the details)
    • Download and Install AFPL Ghostscript v8.51 (available [here] - 10MB)
    • In the Preferences, select "AFPL Ghostscript" and point to the "bin" folder where AFPL Ghostscript v8.51 was installed.

IP IP Logged
grinningdog

Quote grinningdog Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 05 at 4:39AM

Excellent Michel. Thank you very much for your help, both here and in email.

It works perfectly now.

Regards

Bob

Edited by grinningdog
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version