Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Full Page Printing from MS Word Post Reply Post New Topic
Carl Duckels

Quote Carl Duckels Replybullet Topic: Full Page Printing from MS Word
    Posted: 17 Mar 05 at 10:05AM

I am currently evaluating the Pro version for use within my company.

I am trying to automate the printing of Word documents from within MS Access using VBA.  I can successfully do this using the Excel example given in this forum, but have so far been unable to get full page printing (graphics on the edge are cropped).

I have tried using the standard File | Print method to print to PDF Pro v2 from within word and have so far been unable to get full page printing.

Is there a workaround for this - even more useful would be a programmatic way of setting a workaround up.

I have an example document which can be downloaded from: http://www.freemantech.co.uk/full_word.doc

I would like to print it like the following PDF: http://www.freemantech.co.uk/adobe_example.pdf

Any help would be gratefully received.

Edited by Carl Duckels
Carl Duckels
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 17 Mar 05 at 10:56PM
Hello Carl,

My fault.

If you look at the list of paper sizes available, you will notice that there is a "Letter" and a "Letter edge-to-edge" paper sizes, but unfortunately there is only paper size "A4". Somehow, the "A4 edge-to edge" was removed between v1.7 and v2.0.

I will have an updated version of PDF reDirect Pro v2 made available for download by Monday with the missing edge-to-edge A4 paper size added back in.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Carl Duckels

Quote Carl Duckels Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 05 at 4:23AM

Thanks for your quick response.  I look forward to completing the tests of your software and implementing the solution at our company!

Kind regards,

Carl

(I have removed the 2 files from my company website - please let me know if they are required at any point)

Carl Duckels
IP IP Logged
Carl Duckels

Quote Carl Duckels Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 05 at 7:54AM

Also - is there a way to specify the Image quality programmatically?

In the PDF reDirect Pro interface you have Picture Quality in the top right of the screen. Is this changeable using the VB approach?

Thanks!

Carl Duckels
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 05 at 8:03AM
No worries. I don't need the files.

and yes, you will be able to change the quality programmatically. I am working on an ActiveX component that will allow you to do that. It's about 1-2 months away though.

Best regards.
IP IP Logged
Carl Duckels

Quote Carl Duckels Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 05 at 8:37AM

No worries - I will buy a few licences early next week once you have sorted the "A4 edge-to edge" - thanks for your good and prompt help!

Another useful feature that would be nice is a call back that will notify VB that the PDF has been successfully or unsuccessfully created (instead of waiting for the file to appear in the appropriate directory) - just a though!?!

Carl Duckels
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 05 at 5:27PM

The callback may be implemented as a SUCCESS/FAIL return code in the ActiveX component. (It probably won't be a true callback as an independant thread, although I will investigate that route).

OK, the moment you've been waiting for. All of the download links have been updated with the added paper size. I have not updated the version number because all of the code stayed the same, so it will continue to say v2.0.14.

Nonetheless, the "A4_Edge2Edge" paper size has been added. Simply download the program again, and re-install (on top of the current installation should be OK). Consider re-booting first to ensure that the printer spool has not locked-out the printer (ignore this if you have not used PDF reDirect Pro since the last time you rebooted).

Here are step-by-step instructions:

• Re-install PDF reDirect Pro.
  • Start MS Word and load your document.
  • Select "Print"
  • Make sure the "PDF reDirect Pro v2" printer is selected.
  • "Cancel" printing for now.
  • Select "Page Setup..." in the "File" menu
  • Select the "Paper Size" tab, and choose the "A4_Edge2Edge" paper (see picture below)
  • Click on "OK"
  • Select "Print" again
  • Click on printer "properties" and check to make sure that the "A4_Edge2Edge" paper is selected (select it manually if it is not).
  • Continue printing - the graphic should now go all the way to the edge. (Sample PDF)

Edited by Michel_K17
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version