Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: No PDF is displayed Post Reply Post New Topic
astronut

Quote astronut Replybullet Topic: No PDF is displayed
    Posted: 30 Dec 06 at 7:04AM
Hi

I have installed the Freeware version and also upgraded on a trial to the Pro version

After selecting the PDF as a printer option from my program the EXP screenloads then PDF Redirect main screen displays but with no output

I have tried this in a number of applications including Microsoft Excel and there is content to print.  The Preview screen just displays a greyed out blank screen.  It recognises the software that the output has been produced from but nothing more

What is happening please and how can I rectify?

Thanks

David
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 06 at 10:25AM
Hi Astronut,

In a few rare instances, the program will not work at all right after installation. Somehow, the Windows Print Spooler Service recognizes the new printer, but fails to transfer the printer data. So, you have two options to fix this problem:
  1. Restart the Print Spooler Service. This is the fastest way, but somewhat complex if you have never managed Services before, and harder to get to if you have Windows XP Home. This is the easiest way I know to get to it:
    • From the Start Menu, Select: "Run.."
    • Type "services.msc"
    • Highlight (click) the "Print Spooler" Service
    • Select the Menu: Action >> Restart
  2. Reboot the computer. Probably easier for most people is to do a reboot (also called a restart) of the computer.
   I hope that fixes the problem for you, but let me know if it does not, and we will take it from there.

Best regards,

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version