Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: text stamp placement Post Reply Post New Topic
begilber

Quote begilber Replybullet Topic: text stamp placement
    Posted: 20 Sep 06 at 5:34PM
The stamp feature is one of the most useful features of reDirect Pro and I don't think we would have purchased it without it.

We use the draft stamp a lot, but more specifically, we use it for numbering pages from different documents that either lack the functionality or are hard to coordinate. My only complaint is that I would like to have more control over the overall placement of the text stamp. Perhaps you could add two offset fields one vertical and horizontal starting from the upper-left of the page?

Thanks for the great product and this feature consideration.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 06 at 8:46PM
   Sure: that should actually be pretty easy to do, so I'll work on that for the next version. What I really want to do is to have a "graphical" way of placing a stamp exactly where you want, but that feature is pretty far down on my "to-do" list, so what you are suggesting will be a good compromise for the short term.

For those that want to know what I am working on: I am currently working on a way to transfer hyperlinks and Table of Contents info from the Word document to the new PDF. I am also optimizing a whole bunch of code that will make the download smaller, and remove some of the external libraries which will make the program easier to install and manage for the IT departments.

Thanks for the suggestion. Because I am quite a bit along on the new v2.1.906 (beta), I will add your "offset feature" to that version, but the availability will be a few weeks while I get all of the other stuff completed too.

Cheers!
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 10 Oct 06 at 1:14AM
Hi,

Just a quick note to let you know that I have incorporated the "offset" feature that you requested for the PDF stamps and the "Text" stamps. It's not yet available for download, but it will be soon.

I have also added a "poor man's" preview which gives visually a better idea of the stamp placement, although it may not be exactly to scale, it's still nice to get an idea of what it will look like.

Regards,

Michel

IP IP Logged
begilber

Quote begilber Replybullet Posted: 13 Nov 06 at 12:10PM
That's great! Thanks so much Michel! The current corner placement is outside the printable range of most of our printers so this would be incredibly helpful.

When do you think it will be available in a downloadable release?

Thanks again!

-Ben
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 13 Nov 06 at 11:23PM
Hi Ben,

Well, it is hard to say really. I could release it today, though I am still fighting a somewhat minor bug. When I perform my stamp "stress test" which consists of applying all of the stamps on a large document, some of the fonts of a few of the stamps appear as an outline rather than as a normal text.

There are a couple of minor items too. I think what I will do is release at least as a beta by next Monday (the 20th of November).

Cheers!

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 21 Nov 06 at 10:44PM
Hi Ben,

Hopefully you noticed that the Beta was released on Monday as promised. I forgot to post in this topic to let you know. The download is available [here].

Cheers!
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version