Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: PDF not created if preview not completed Post Reply Post New Topic
kravenhill

Quote kravenhill Replybullet Topic: PDF not created if preview not completed
    Posted: 16 Feb 06 at 6:50PM

I've recently switched from CutePDF and really like PDF reDirect.  From my observations, PDF documents are generated faster and are smaller in size.

I noticed that PDF reDirect requires some time to generate the Preview especially for large documents.  If I click the Save button during this time, I'll get "The PDF file was not properly created" error message.  Obviously the work around is to refrain from clicking the Save button until the Preview is complete.  Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?  If so, may I suggest disabling the Save button while the Preview is being generated?

Regards,

-Kevin-

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 06 at 9:45PM
Hi Kevin,

That does not seem right. You should be able to click the Save button (which bypasses the Preview) immediately and the PDF should continue to be created and saved as you asked. I have done some testing, and found that I had a 60% chance of getting the error: sometimes it worked, and sometimes it did not. That is not correct, and definitely a bug: thank you for pointing that out to me: I will fix this problem at the next minor release.

To be clear about something: the creation of a "Preview" is actually quite fast, usually about 0.1 sec per page. The pause you are seeing is actually the conversion of the printer data to the PDF file format, which can take a while for complex documents.

Thanks again!

Michel

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version