Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Some text reversed in output file Post Reply Post New Topic
ttowner

Quote ttowner Replybullet Topic: Some text reversed in output file
    Posted: 23 Jul 05 at 12:25PM
I am trying to create a new, smaller PDF file from an existing PDF file.  When I print it through PDF reDirect Pro, some (not all) of the text in the output file is reversed (e.g. "The quick brown fox" becomes "xof nworb kciuq ehT").    Any thoughts/suggestions on how I can correct this?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jul 05 at 11:32PM
Weird. Could you send me the PDF to my e-mail address so that I can take a look? Which version of the PDF Reader are you using?

By the way, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to get the PDF to be smaller than the original, the only exceptions would be that:

1. The original PDF's content was not compressed (note that PDF reDirect always compresses all the content in the PDF)

2. The original PDF contains high resolution pictures which you are trying to downgrade to a lower quality.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 05 at 12:10AM
   Thank you for the files.

I did experience the same problem as you did, and I have not been able to find a solution: there are two fonts in your file that are encoded in a rare format called "Identity-H", with which I am not very familiar, and will require additional research on my part. Indeed, the letters do get reversed as you observed, but I do not know why.

The short term solution was to print from PDF Reader v5 instead of v7 which, for whatever reason, worked fine.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version