Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Clearing e-mail addresses from Address Book? Post Reply Post New Topic
yorkshire_lad

Quote yorkshire_lad Replybullet Topic: Clearing e-mail addresses from Address Book?
    Posted: 03 May 12 at 2:05PM
I like the ability to create & email PDFs from PDF reDirect.  The programme has the ability to remember past used e-mail addresses:
"PDF reDirect Pro will remember the addresses that you have used in the past. Simply click on the little address book icon to bring up a dialog box where you can point-and-click to select addressees."
How does one remove e-mail addresses from the Address Book; the list in my Address Book is either getting a bit long, or contains old email addresses. Is there any way to clear this list / where is it stored / I couldn't find any functionality to edit the list (am I missing something obvious?)
TIA
Allan
Settle, North Yorks, UK
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 03 May 12 at 10:07PM
Hi,

You are not missing anything obvious. The list is so that you can quickly recover frequently used e-mail addresses.

You can edit manually the settings file if you want to change the order or delete entries. I would recommend you make a backup of the file just in case a change you make causes the list to be reset to empty.

The settings file is located here:

• Windows XP
    • C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\PDF reDirect\Prefs_v2.ini
  • Windows Vista or Windows 7
    • C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\PDF reDirect\Prefs_v2.ini

Please note: replace "USERNAME" with your own Windows login name.

Cheers!
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
yorkshire_lad

Quote yorkshire_lad Replybullet Posted: 04 May 12 at 2:39AM
Excellent. Thank you. Sorted (I don't mind editing .INI files, and I took a backup); I also changed the numbering to retain the sequence e.g. MailTO_02=, MailTO_03= etc.
Thanks. V. helpful.
I also trawled the TEMP sub-folder: lots of JPG thumbnails of recently created PDF pages: now that could the _very_ useful in certain circs!
Allan
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version