Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using Meeting Timer
 EXP Systems Forum : Meeting Timer : Using Meeting Timer
Topic: Suggestions to support as a Pomodoro tool Post Reply Post New Topic
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Topic: Suggestions to support as a Pomodoro tool
    Posted: 16 Apr 12 at 10:24PM
I received the following suggestions by e-mail today:

I just wanted to raise the question of expanding the functionality of your program to work as a Pomodoro tool (easy to find info on the net and download a free pdf about it). I've been using it in that way for a couple of days now and it works well.

If you were to modify your program, as I see it, this could involve letting the user specify the default times (another panel in Settings) that appear above the bottom timer so that the 25 minute Pomodoro time unit could be included (or others that a user might prefer such as the famous GTD 2 minutes).

For myself I just use the 30 minutes and that works fine. I like putting the program into break mode so that I have to stop being on the computer. When I'm in the red it forces to me wind things up or at least be aware I am ... failing in terms of the tight Pomodoro regimen.

While I'm in suggestion mode I'd like a button that I can just click on to put me in break mode automatically that runs according to a default setting such as 5 minutes. It could be inserted in with the timer buttons or even replace the 1 minute timer - again it could be a user choice in Settings.

Your program lets me hold a "day long meeting" and the little line shows me how much I have to go before a break is due as well as showing me how much productive time I have left. I have found this helps me adjust my work to get a better quality of completion ... sort of thing.

Anyway I like your program and by adding those changes it would be that bit more "perfect"!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 12 at 10:34PM
and here is the answer...

Thanks for the suggestions.

You can specify 25 minutes as follows:
  • Via "Set Countdown Timer >> 25 mins" or
  • you can also click the button [10min] and then click [CTRL]+[15min]. Holding the [CTRL] key will add more time to the existing timer (ie 10+15 = 25).
   Your other suggestion to go into break mode automatically is a good one, and feasible. I have added this as a possibility to do after I release the next version of PDF reDirect Pro.

No promises just yet on when I will be able to get around to it though.

Thanks!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version